Business Development Manager
20th April 2022
As our Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the future growth of our company by creating and developing long lasting client relationships. Reporting to the founder and CEO, this role will play a major part in our ambitious growth plans to double turnover in the next three years. This is a great opportunity to lead and build the sales and marketing function in an exciting business.
This is an exciting and hugely rewarding role, developing and growing existing relationships and finding new business opportunities. Working as an integral part of the GLO team, you will be the connection between new clients and our operational delivery team, ensuring a regular flow of feedback, challenges and solutions which help drive strong business revenue.
Our office is based in Portobello, Edinburgh office. A key part of this role will involve travel UK-wide to meet with prospective clients as well as representing GLO at trade shows and events.
GLO has a great track record in the world of high calibre productions and the BDM will lead from the front in ensuring our successes are recognised, respected and continue to be in demand. This is a highly visible role both internally and externally and needs a confident, outgoing yet considered style.
- Creating and owning the GLO sales / business development plan with tangible timescales and realistic forecast including regular sales performance updates and measurements.
- Accountable for sales targets and for managing resources to achieve those targets
- Planning and overseeing marketing / social media campaigns
- Proactively seek new opportunities, qualify and rank leads from a variety of sources including personal networks, external lists, referrals and traditional social media channels.
- Nurture new business relationships as well as strengthening existing ones to deliver annual recurring revenues
- Identify client needs and create service offerings that match and exceed their requirements.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with existing clients
- Responsible for identifying and creating longer term commercial contracts with key growth clients
- Stay up to date with technical developments in our industry and company.
- Minimum 4 -6 years proven experience in business development, sales and marketing – preferably in the events or video production industry.
- A credible track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with strong written and spoken English
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Good knowledge of LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Experienced in managing a CRM system (e.g. Capsule)
- Experience of creating and managing business social media campaigns
- Good organisational skills and the ability to meet tight timescales and seasonal schedules
- Solid working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Workspace.
- Willingness to work independently away from base as well as be an active member of a close-knit team.
- UK driving license.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary depending on experience
Company-wide Discretionary Performance Award
Target-driven Sales Bonus Scheme
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
GLO Live Stream Producers are multi-skilled technical experts. Equally comfortable online as they are working with cables and boxes in conference rooms, they look after a complex array of technology to successfully execute both virtual and hybrid events. They work directly with our valued clients and audio visual partners. Our live Stream Producers are based in Edinburgh but work throughout the UK and internationally.